In this opportunity we want to tell you about a conference organized by the Society for Entrepreneurship in Latin America (SELA). This summit is the main activity of the organization where university students interested in Latin America are able to participate. The objective of the conference is that **students get in touch with the entrepreneurial spirit of ****Silicon Valley, **more precisely in such a special place like Stanford University.
Something that makes this summit so special is that not only has lectures given by speakers, but also has workshops where students are able to build an idea, work in a business plan and even present it to a Venture Capital.
I had the chance to participate in the 2009 edition and it is an experience that I’ll never forget. Living in the university dorms for a week, connecting with entrepreneurs from Latin America, meeting Jen-Hsun Huang, nVidia’s co-founder and CEO (you can listen to the talk here), going the IDEO‘s offices, making friends from different countries. There are many reasons for applying to this summit. If you’re an entrepreneur, this is your chance to get to the center of entrepreneurship of the world.
- ¿What?: Summit about entrepreneurship.
- ¿When?: from April 5th to 9th, 2010.
- ¿Where?: Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA.
- ¿What do I have to do to participate?: complete the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ¿Until when can I apply?: till March 8th, 2010
- **¿Who can participate?: **university students interested in Latin America.